The new 3rd Edition of this highly popular text has been extensively revised to reflect the modern practice of obstetrics and care of the newborn. Technical and laboratory advances since the last edition are fully incorporated, and the role of these new methods in establishing early, accurate diagnosis and providing a basis for monitoring is discussed throughout. More emphasis is given to the implications of medical disorders in pregnancy, and the means of managing them successfully. Also included is a new chapter on the exciting and rapidly expanding field of fetal medical. Comprehensive, authoritiative, and sufficiently-detailed.
Alignment to RANZCOG guidelines including unique perspectives from the President himself, provides invaluable information for practice in the Australia.
- A summary of key points at the start of chapters highlights the main facts which readers should draw from each chapter.
- A vast range of anatomical drawings, graphs and clinical photos provide a practical perspective on the theoretical component within the textbook.
- Reference lists at the end of each chapter outline the strong evidence basis that supports the content of this edition.
- A new editor and contributor team brings in wealth of expertise from across Australia, New Zealand and internationally.
- Two new chapters on Global Reproductive Health and Indigenous Women’s Health place emphasis on the need to adapt women’s healthcare according to various cultural and socioeconomic factors.
- Emphasis on prevention and early diagnosis in obstetric care, with an increasing focus on fetal medicine.
- This edition will be available as an Expert Consult eBook along with the print book. The eBook includes enhancements to the images within the book, as enabled by the Inkling platform.